Helminths, popularly called worms, are parasites that live in the human body and cause several deviations. This disease is called helminthiasis. Experts can name several hundred helminths, among them roundworms, roundworms, cat worms and others are the most common. These parasites, while causing many problems, do not pose a specific health threat. But there are other organisms that can cause irreparable damage to the human body, such as the echinococci, the alveococcus, the bovine tapeworm - a tapeworm that can reach several meters in length.
There are many reasons to put worms in the body, this can happen if:
- a person neglects the rules of personal hygiene;
- does not meet hygiene standards in food preparation;
- eats thermally poorly processed foods;
- eats unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- does not wash hands after contact with animals;
- bathe in a polluted river or lake;
- been bitten by an insect (although bite infection is extremely rare);
- often located next to a diseased helminthiasis.
Symptoms of Helminthiasis
How to get rid of helminths if the presence of most of them does not have any pronounced symptoms? Despite this, there are some very eloquent signs:
- difficulty with bowel movements - some types of helminths can block the intestines, causing constipation;
- diarrhea - frequent diarrhea may indicate helminthiasis, as these parasites secrete substances that cause watery stools;
- gas formation is quite a common phenomenon, but if this was observed for more than 14 days, then most likely, worms settled in the body;
- allergy - substances secreted by worms are synthesized in the body by eosinophils - these are cells that cause allergies;
- muscle and joint pain - worms enter the muscles and move there, which is the cause of pain;
- deterioration of appearance - with helminthiasis, external signs of infection often occur - wrinkles, acne, rashes, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss may appear;
- change in body weight - the body reacts to a foreign invasion by increasing weight, and if the weight drops, it means that parasites extract useful substances from it;
- anemia - helminths suck nutrients from the blood, which leads to a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood;
- severe itching of the anus - a symptom occurs due to the release of worms from the body;
- gnashing your teeth in a dream;
- increased fatigue - an acute lack of nutrients leads to fatigue and apathy;
- insomnia - the body begins an active fight against helminths, therefore restless sleep or insomnia may appear;
- fever and cough - the presence of helminths can cause breathing difficulties and symptoms of acute respiratory infections.
Before fighting worms, you need to pass tests to identify them.
What are dangerous worms
Evolving, parasites perfectly adapted to man's internal environment. Most of the time, people who suffer from helminthiases, arriving at the hospital with various diseases, do not even suspect that they are caused by the presence of parasites in the body.
Almost all worms have small hooks or suckers with which they cling tightly to the walls of the intestines and other organs. They spread throughout the body - attacking the liver, gallbladder, heart, intestines and even the brain. The insidiousness of helminthiasis lies in the fact that doctors can often make a misdiagnosis, confusing the symptoms. How to remove worms from the body, preventing their destruction? It is very important to know that curing worms is only half the battle, because the decomposition products left after them continue to poison the body. Therefore, you need to get rid of them as soon as possible.
There are two ways to remove worms from a person - this is drug therapy and traditional medicine. Getting rid of worms with medication is divided into three stages - preparatory, therapeutic and restorative. Medications are broad and narrow spectrum. Broad spectrum drugs can kill any type of parasite, narrow spectrum drugs are prescribed to treat a certain type of worm. The most effective of them are:
- carbamic acid methyl ester - available in tablet form, treats enterobiasis and trichuriasis;
- tetrahydropyrimidine derivative - it is available in the form of a suspension or tablets, it is prescribed for the treatment of ascariasis, enterobiasis and others. This medication can be used even during pregnancy, but prior consultation with a doctor is required;
- benzimidazole carbamate derivative - there are 3 types - suppositories, powder and tablets, in a child it helps to remove worms. Also, it is prescribed for bovine and porcine tapeworm, Giardia and roundworm. The drug destroys not only adult parasites, but also their larvae.
There are still many medications that help to recover from both worms and their decomposition products. But the disadvantage of conservative treatment is the toxicity of these drugs, so the patient after treatment has headaches, indigestion, allergies, general malaise and fatigue. By destroying parasites, drugs simultaneously harm the microflora of the entire organism and, in this sense, alternative medicine is an excellent alternative to conservative treatment.
Folk remedies offer many ways to get rid of worms without resorting to the use of pharmaceutical preparations. They practically do not cause any side effects, gently cleanse the body and help restore its functions.
Herbal worm treatment
How to get rid of worms at home with the help of various herbs? For this purpose, special plants with anthelmintic properties are collected, decoctions and tinctures are prepared from them.
- Dry blend of cloves, tansy and absinthe.Take herbs in equal amounts, mix and eat 5 gr. of this mixture daily on an empty stomach, drink plenty of lukewarm water. The course of treatment is 30 days.
- A decoction of absinthe.This remedy for worms in small amounts is very effective, but if it is exceeded, it will have a negative effect on the body. Mix centaury and absinthe in equal proportions, set aside 30 gr. mixture, pour a glass of water and cook in a water bath for 30 minutes. The decoction is drunk half an hour before bed.
- Celandine infusion.Grind the leaves and roots of the plant, separate 20-30 grams, pour 200 ml of boiling water, wrap in a towel and let it cool. Then strain the mixture and take it twice a day for 3 days. Celandine belongs to the category of poisonous plants, but in small amounts it is absolutely safe and very effective in treating stubborn parasites.
- Elecampane tincture.Mix in equal proportions elecampane root, tansy flowers and dried blueberries. Set aside about 40 gr. and pour a glass of water. Boil the mixture over low heat for about half an hour. Drink 5 tablespoons for 7 days.
Treatment of worms with folk remedies includes the use of products that are available to everyone. Onion has an excellent antimicrobial effect and is also used to fight helminthiases:
- cut the onion in half a little with a knife, pour a glass of warm water, leave overnight. In the morning on an empty stomach, drink onion tincture;
- twist the onion in a meat grinder, squeeze the juice, mix it with the juice of a three-year-old aloe and a spoon of honey. This mixture should be consumed three times a day;
- Twist some medium onions in a meat grinder, pour half a liter of vodka. Infuse for 10-12 days, then strain and take one tablespoon three times a day before meals.
It's important to know!Categories of people who are prohibited from taking alcohol medication can use water infusions.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to quickly get rid of worms with garlic:
- rub a clove of garlic on a fine grater, mix it with a liter of warm boiled water and do an enema before going to bed;
- crushed garlic add a glass of warm milk and drink it before going to bed, this method is effective in treating a child of worms;
- make a mixture of garlic, egg yolk, salted herring and warm milk. You need to take it in 100 gr. several times a day, this remedy is very effective for tapeworm.
Other remedies for worms
There are many ways to get rid of worms. This can be done using conventional means.
Pass some green walnuts through a meat grinder along with the shell. Boil a glass of water, salt it a little and pour the walnuts on top. Roll up the mixture and leave for about 3 hours. Then strain and drink the entire infusion at a time.
Squeeze out the sauerkraut juice and drink a few tablespoons on an empty stomach.
Five tablespoons of dry shell pour half a liter of vodka. Keep for 7 days in a dark place, periodically shaking the container. Strain the tincture and take a teaspoon three to four times a day before meals. The treatment time is 21 days.
There are several ways to get rid of worms in 1 day using pumpkin seeds. To enhance the anthelmintic effect, they can be combined with other products:
- seeds and honey - twist a cup of peeled seeds in a meat grinder, add some melted honey and warm water. Eat the mixture on an empty stomach, drink a laxative after two or three hours;
- seeds and garlic - lightly fry the seeds in a dry skillet and mix with three large cloves of minced garlic. Add 20gr. fresh honey, insist 12 hours and eat on an empty stomach.
- seeds and milk - grind the seeds and eat them with warm milk.
Pumpkin seeds are one of the safest and most effective ways to get rid of helminthiasis.
Traditional medicine recommends several ways to get rid of worms in adults with brandy. And although many are skeptical of this treatment, when used correctly, this drink helps to get rid of helminths quickly and safely.
Dilute 50-70 ml of cognac with the same amount of tea and drink it before going to bed. When a person falls asleep, a mixture of brandy and tea helps the worms to get behind the walls of Organs internal organs, making them especially vulnerable. 2 hours after taking cognac, you need to get up and take a strong laxative.
Treatment of helminthiases in children
Traditional medicine offers many safe ways to get rid of worms in children. This is very important, because the child's body is still very fragile and vulnerable. But unfortunately, children do not always understand the need for treatment. So that it is not unpleasant and painful, there are recipes that the little patient will like:
- Carrot Juice and Honey - Mix freshly squeezed carrot juice with a tablespoon of fresh honey. If the child loves carrots, you can just grate them, add honey and let the baby eat;
- roast the pumpkin seeds a little, grind, mix with honey. The child will eat this mixture with pleasure.
If symptoms are threatening, herbal decoctions, garlic enemas and laxatives are used.
Any disease is better to prevent than to treat, so to prevent parasites from entering the body, you must follow a few simple rules:
- wash your hands as often as possible, especially after going outside and before eating;
- wash all ingested vegetables and fruits;
- subjected to complete heat treatment of fish and meat products;
- cut meat, fish and vegetables on different cutting boards;
- limit contact with stray animals;
- pets systematically show the vet.
Helminthiasis is a very unpleasant disease, but with proper treatment, you can get rid of it very quickly.